Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's safe to Rush.

After taking a break from poker, I’m back with vengeance.   I’ve also stepped up the stakes and playing the $2 tables as well as Rush.  I’ve made a good chop in both so far with my bank roll up 5x and playing a much more stable/TAG game.  Playing rush is now a profitable event for me, which wasn’t the case in the past (I am in a "correction" phase as I edit this however lol).   I’m playing a tighter and more aware game with less bluffing and less Sheriff action, which have been my biggest "leaks" in the past.  :)

There are two key points to note about a winning Rush game for me,  
The first is the realization that it is akin to day trading where quick decision making and going for the premium setups are the only way to make money in this poker on crack.  The second note is another similarity to day trading in that the game changes depending on the time of the day.  During regular business hours you are playing what I call the “Autopilots” who are playing ABC poker and are position aware.  You can pick out these folks easily because they will typically have 3 or more games going on at the same time and are just cycling through for an easy win/setup to make the most money out of grinding tables.  In this case they will bet when in position or from strength only, and typically will fold if they encounter any resistance in search of the next quick opportunity.  Keeping their losses small and maximizing their winners ideology that is prevalent in stock trading.  So if they come along when you don't give them the right ROI, they have something in their hand and you'd better have a strong hand that you are willing to take to showdown.  Effectively you
end up making more money during business hours exploiting these folks or just playing a solid ABC/position game yourself as they are as predictable as they come.

I've also found the Joys of the $2 SitNgo tables where the ROI if you place in the top three is excellent, and playing a TAG game will most likely get you there.

One of the things I've noticed in the Ring Games is that when someone goes all in, they typically have one of the top nuts and they're not messing around, unlike rush and SitNGo.  I found that I have to play a very tight game when I'm playing in the Ring Game setup and there's more skill added in those where you can spend sometime at a table and have to read your opponent (or have stats on them) to play him best.  Kind of like the penny stocks out there, volatile, but can be very profitable if you know what you're doing and learn how to read the charts and sentiment.
The basic idea remains the same in any of the above situations, get out when you have an indication that you are beat therefore minimizing your losses and maximize your winners, not different from trading.

Peace and profits to all,
The Stock Nut

No comments:

Post a Comment