Thursday, October 21, 2010

When Stocks and Poker Collide.

Hello World!
This is a new blog about my trials and tribulations in learning to play poker, No Limit Texas Holdem to be specific.  I'm a successful stock market trader and I have always been very curious about the similarities drawn between trading and playing poker.  In this blog, I will talk about the parallels of the two exciting worlds in addition to my poker learning progress and notes.

I'm lucky to have the best teacher I know in town: PokerBug.  PokerBug has a passion for the game and is working on perfecting it in preparation for the big leagues.  He has taught the game to many successful players, and is respected in the community for his craft!   He has taken me under his wings and is showing me the nuts, so to speak.  My driving force behind this is a second annual charity tournament organized by fellow stock traders.  I did okay in the first, playing party poker style, but I want to do better and want to learn it for the love of the game.   My goal for the blog is for stock traders to learn poker and for poker players to learn how to trade stocks through the commonalities between the two.  Let's see where this takes us.

Peace and profits to all, in stocks and in poker!
Stocknuts

No comments:

Post a Comment